Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's Medical Staff Services team is responsible for credentialing and maintaining licensure for healthcare professionals.
We offer a number of conveniences to assist the medical staff, including:
- Initial application verification processing for:
- Re-appointment verification and processing
- Support for the process for granting of clinical privileges
- Support for medical staff officers, department and division chairs and chiefs
- Information and resources for CMS Conditions of Participation (CoPs)
- Maintenance of current licensure, DEAs, medical malpractice information, TB status and certifications
- Maintenance of employment status and practice locations records
- AHP application and continuance process
- Quality initiatives and maintenance of records
- Credentialing database maintenance
Medical Staff Services Application, Payment and Verification
The medical staff services department is responsible for maintaining credentials for all providers across Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
Application and Payment
Please review the following instructions before submitting your application and payment.
Application for New Applicants to the Medical Staff
Click below to complete your online credentialing application.
Non-Refundable Payment for New and Current Medical Staff Fees
New Medical Staff Initial Appointment Fee
- $300 due at the time of initial application submission
Current Medical Staff Reappointment Fees
- $200 for physician reappointments, every two (2) years
- $150 for advanced practice clinicians (NP, PA, CRNAs, etc.), every two (2) years
- $500 additional late fee if reappointment application and/or fee submission is greater than 30 days from initial receipt of notification
Verification letters can be requested through our online portal. Please click below to request a verification letter.
If the provider you are searching for is not available through the online portal, please fax your request with a signed release form to the Medical Staff Services office at 864-560-6017.
Medical Executive Committee
- Provides self-governance for the medical staff organization and other activities related to performance improvement of professional services provided by those with clinical privileges.
- Responsible for making medical staff recommendations to the board of trustees for:
- Structure of the organization
- Mechanisms to review credentials and clinical privileges
- Recommendations for bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures
- Medical staff designated responsibility for quality oversight
- Process improvement